Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Is that a Swedish boat I see?!

The other morning as I went down to drop of Daniel at the dock I
almost drove over the edge of excitment. On one of the boats docked
there, there was a SWEDISH FLAG swaying in the wind!

Ah, some fellow swedes!!! So today I packed Coco in the car (it's so
much better having an excuse to snoop around!) and went down to see if
the boat was still there. And it was!

We passed first on a distance to see if someone was there (as we were
training the walk, Cesar's way!) and I saw a couple sitting with a
sewing machine on the ground. Yay!!!

As we made our walk back to the car I passed the couple, who were
supposed to be fixing the sail, but it looked more like they were
trying to fix the machine itself, while video taping it?!. So I
excused my self and asked if they were Swedish, pointing at the flag.

The excitment was very high at this point, and then they answered
back. No we are Russian! But the flag?! The flag is blue and yellow...

It turned out that they had bought the boat from Sweden, and they
explained to me that it was an old, very good, all wood sail boat
which was built in the 70's. And they decided to keep the flag as it
was easier. Here they kind of lost me, but it had something to do with
the paperworks.

Chatted for a little bit with them about the extreme prices here in
Bora and a little bit of this and that, before Coco and I headed back
home.

I left slightly dissapointed that they were not Swedish, but I had a
good chat with a nice couple!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment