Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Cinema

We, obviously, don't have a cinema in Bora Bora, but we do have a
video shop where we probably are the biggest customers! Usually on
Saturdays we rent at least 4 movies to last the weekend! And as a
result, the selection is getting very slim! For example, I have
watched movies like "Death Race"!

However, last night our friends Olivier and Isabelle invited us over
for a "movie night". They have a projector and we got seated on their
terrace infront if the big screen with Foie Gras (yea, I ate my toast
with Nutella as I can't stand the texture of foie gras. I felt so
"grown up", not!) and wine (here I felt more "grown up"). The movie
which was playing was "Star Treak".

I can't say I'm a Star Treak fan, but I'm very open to watch new
movies (after all, I did watch Death Race!).

The movie was weird.. We all tried to follow what was happening as it
kept going back and forth in time and after 1 hour of playing it
started to replay some scenes.

When the movie was over we all stared at each other with big question
marks. What the hell was that?! Then Isabelle wanted to see something
at the beginning of the movie again, and suddenly there was a new
movie playing! We realized very quickly that the computer must have
been set on "shuffle" mode (like you shuffle your music on your
iPod!), picking random scenes! No wonder we were confused, because
when we rewatched the first hour of the movie, not only was it in
right order, but there were several scenes we didn't see the first
time that was kind of vital to understand the whole thing. Suddenly
the movie was logic!

At the end Star Treak was not bad, but I do reccomend to watch it in
"normal" mode! It's just easier to follow!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

1 comment:

  1. that was such a good movie i am glad that you persevered.

    ReplyDelete