Thursday, July 22, 2010

Charades

My luck on this island continues!

As our TV broke, friends offered to lend one of theirs, as they are
not using it anyway. So, I followed Isabelle (with her 5 year old son
in my back seat and Coco in the front of course) back to her place.

The windows were down in the car as I don't have A/C and suddenly I
hear a constant clicking kind of noise from what i assume is the
wheels. First thought was of course flat tire, but it didn't feel
weird driving. Must be something stuck on the tire, I thought, and I
keept on driving.

I really tried to ignor the sound but soon I decide to stop just to
double check. And oh yea, I had a flat tire. SHIT! was my first thought.

I knew I had all the stuff needed, in the trunk (new spare tire and
tools). But, I can't change tires! I know how to, but I would probably
damage the car even more if I tried.

As I was standing there, scratching my head with an over excited dog
in the front seat and a wondering and scared-of-Coco boy in the back
seat a guy comes walking down the road.

Thank god for Charades is all I can say, because he didn't speak
English and I haven't gotten to "spare and flat tire" in my French
lessions yet.

So, he put the spare on. Kids gathered around and we all watched while
he worked! Excellent!

I finally got the TV and it's installed and everything! Still no cable
though, so we will continue renting movies!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment