Friday, July 23, 2010

The Haircut

Finally after 8 months I got myself a haircut. It was after that
driving licence picture (which was a disaster) I got myself toghether
and went and got an appointment.

I showed up promptly at 9am and got seated. I told the guy I needed to
cut it shorter and I pulled up my iTouch to show a few pictures on
ideas. He replied in fast French, doing a few hand moves while I was
staring blanc at him. "Sorry, do you speak English?"

One situation I feel I want to be in full understanding with the other
person is when I get my hair cut. I have walked out of hair salons
crying too many times (and those times we spoke the same language).

I got my hair washed and back in the chair he showed me a few
pictures. "Yes, something in between those 3" while thinking that
maybe I should change my mind and just cut the ends!

Then he started cutting! Big locks fell to the floor... Then I noticed
the hand shaking. And it was not just a small shake! For a moment I
was wondering if I should ask him if he needed a smoke, coffee or
maybe a shot to calm down that hand. But he seemed to master the shake!

The end result could have been a disaster, thinking about the
combination of miss communication and shaky hands, but when he was
finnished I was feeling great! Not only that it was over, but also
with the new cut! I feel like myself again!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment