Thursday, March 18, 2010

The strays

The other day we got up early as usual to head down to Vaitape and I even started a load of laundry before it was time to get in the car. Well, unfortunately the car had a flat tire. But of course! Especially as I repeatedly asked Daniel to fill it up with more air and finally got it done the day before. So for me, it was just to go back in to the house and have an early breakfast, and for Daniel, it was to pick up a big stick (for protection against the dog pact at the bottom of the hill) and start walking.

Those dogs are crazy. I have teeth marks in the front and the back of the car (on the plastic parts) and claw scratches on the side of the doors. If the gate is open at the bottom I speed by like a crazy person. Damn dogs. And what are the owners doing?? Absolutely nothing. Every dog owner (which would be every local) has at least 2-3 dogs. But all the dogs are more like stray dogs, all having their own territory to watch and they will attack if you pass.

What really annoys me is the owners who really don't give a crap. And sometimes I feel bad for the dogs. They are scabby and skinny. And then there is me who would love a little puppy as company! I have always been lucky, living with room mates with dogs! Then you can take care of them but you don't have the full responsibility of being a dog owner. Oh well, that day might come too one day!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment