Monday, March 15, 2010

Back on track

Monday came very fast... The weekend was very relaxing and nice! First on Saturday we bought a TV and DVD from a guy who is leaving the island. We were SO excited! The new flat-screen looks very nice in the corner! Of course we went down to the video store to rent a couple of movies, although, I guess we are way behind the rest of the world in the selection. However, they did have the first movie in the trilogy Millenium based on the books by the Swedish author Stieg Larsson. I was impressed! Now I only hope the store gets the other two as well. 

I'm glad there is a DVD store here, as I only have 2 channels on my TV. And they are both local channels... French Polynesian. But the selection of channels are not that great anyway, if we decide to go with satellite. Most of them are in French anyway, and I have not come much further in my "speaking-French" attempt yet. I was going to start my Rosetta stone CD, but then the computer crashed (I know... bullshit, bullshit... I always find an excuse!) 

The car got an through cleaning and it shines like never before. Well, until we drove down to Vaitape and it was all dusty again. But it sure did look nice!

I'm really getting settled at the house and I have managed to get most of the basic things needed (like the TV, internet, basic kitchen "stuff", etc.). Now I only need a mirror. I have only one mirror in the house, and it's the one in the bathroom. But the problem is that it sits too high, and I have to stand on my tip toes to be able to see anything (well, the top of my face). The real big problem is when I get dressed... I have no idea how I look like. I mean, talk about potential damage! I think all women agree. A mirror is a must! We all know that something might look like it goes together (skirt with a top) but then you put it on it looks like a disaster. Well, I will have no idea when I leave the house! But it is absolutely impossible to find one around here. I saw a small one in the Bora Home store, but it cost like a million bucks (slightly over exaggerating there!). But I guess I have to stay put for now...


Anyway, cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment