Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Roulotte

Polynesian version of fast-food!!
I bet you can do Drive Through as well!

This is the closest you get to a McDonald in Bora Bora. I know, kind of crazy and a little bit out there, but they do not have any chain restaurants (or anything "chain" for that matter, except for the resorts).  

This is where we had dinner last night! I know, my standards is slightly lower than before, but didn't feel like cooking and Daniel got off early. Thought we could make it a try at least.

The Roulotte is like a food court at the mall, where you pick which van you want to order your food from. They do have different menus and there were three of them last night in the dirt parking lot in Vaitape. We ordered from the same to make it less complicated. The difference from the mall though, is that I doubt there are any kind of inspections of these vans (I still feel fine!). The service is at least nice and friendly, which at some places around here are not. That is another blog post!

The portion of the Chow Man that I ordered was HUGE (no wonder there are a lot of overweight people over here) and I might have eaten 1/4 of it. The rest was packed up in a doggy bag for the pregnant puppy who now spends all day on my terrace sleeping. 

At the Roulotte you can sit down at the tables, order to go, and I bet you can do a drive through as well if you don't feel like getting out of the car! I think that is Excellent!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment