Saturday, December 5, 2009

Workout for the day

So, yesterday we moved from this nice, over water bungalow with the
most comfy bed I have ever slept in to the apartment where we will
stay until we find our own place in paradise.

It's on property, and to get there from the resort you have to walk up
this zig zag little road to the top of the hill and then walk down the
stairs, which contains of about 87 steps ( this according to our
neighbor, and I beleive him!). As our luggage weight over 100 kg
total, we decided not to do that trip. Insted we had a guy come and
pick us up with his boat as the apartments has a dock right outside.
Odd, but fun!

Then I needed to get to the grocery store to get a few things, like
food and cleaning stuff. Oboy, oboy! I hiked up the stairs (remember,
87 steps!) and walked down to the reception dock to catch the boat to
the main island. I was dropped off and walked to the store. So far so
good! I knew I had to think about what I could buy as I had to carry
it all by myself. I got 2 bags of grocery and started the hike back to
the dock in Vaitape (the "town"). My hands were already hurting from
the bags...

The boat came and all was good until they dropped me back off. Now I
had to do the walk up the hill... Ugh... Just after I reached the
hill, my flip flop broke down! After some cursing and attempts to fix
the broken flip flop I decided to take them off and continue my walk.
So here I am, walking up the hill barefoot with 2 grocery bags and my
hand bag. In the last turn an employee came in a golf cart and picked
me up and dropped me at the top of the hill. Not a long rude but was I
thankful or what?! Then I started my journey down hill on the steps.
Did i tell you that it's hot here too? I finally made it to the
apartment and could breath out!

So, another day in my world! It' not easy living in paradise, let me
tell you!!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla
Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment