Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bora Bora, here I am!

I have finally made it to Bora Bora! The trip was long (Paris to LA toTahiti to Bora Bora) and took about 24 hours. But I'm here now, and I have slept like a rock in the best bed ever!

Right now we are staying in an over water bungalow and it's just amazing... Well, at least I can imagin it beeing amazing... Since yeaterday afternoon the wind has been blowing so much that I get slightly sea sick in my bungalow, which is rocking in the wind. I sit on my beautiful terrace because I have one, but I can't stand it more than 5 minutes at a time. I'm about to blow away! But I have to try it all before tomorrow, as we are moving out of this place to an apartment. I'm going to miss that bed though... Fluffy, comfy, down.... Ahhh... It's the best bed I have slept in for years! And I'm a little nervous about the apartment. Don't think the same bed will be there... But tomorrow I will know!

Yesterday we took the hotel boat to the main island of Bora Bora and then the car around the island to see whats here. Beautiful views around here. But there is next to nothing here... You have a few tourist shops where you can find paeros and t-shirts for 20 euros (!). Oh yea, did I tell you that it's expensive over here? Plenty of pearls too... And I went in to a grocery store just to see... They defenitely have the base products you need but the wallet will feel it. I have a feeling I will not be eating things like cheese for a long time... And a bottle of (70 ml) Absolute was about 25 euros. In St. Martin they sell a liter Absoulte for what, 12 dollars? Cheaper than water over there! It will be a different lifestyle here.

Looking for a place to live as well... Not in a rush though (have only ben here for 2 days!) so I hope we find something nice. We did see (from the outside) these bungalows (not on the water) which looked nice, but we will see. I know people who used to live here, so I'm waiting for them to send me all the good tips!

So, I was thinking of going to the gym, but my mind has almost managed to convince myself, once more, not to go. Funny how that is! Motivation, motivation... I can do it... But the gym is so incredible boring... Maybe I take one of my books instead and read... Reading is good too! What ever I do, I have to do something!

Cheers my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment