Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's not bad living in paradise!

I had a great weekend here in Bora Bora. On Saturday I went for my first swim off my bungalow (I know, I'm ashamed to say it, but that is the truth) and on in the evening we went to Bora Bora Yacht Club for dinner and drinks. Great location, with the tables right on the deck where I watch the sunset while sipping on Margaritas! I had a great time despite the nice but awful service and the food in my taste was just okej...  After dinner we joined another table and had a few local beers, and while some people rocked around on the "dance floor" to everything from Cotton Eye Joe to Latin music, I was just soaking it all in! Last call was at 12am (!!! may I remind you this was on a Saturday night!!). So at midnight it was time to get home. Usually at this point most of us are looking for a car to take us back home... Well, we hooked it up with a captain at another resort, who took us back home. Very odd but very fun! I love all these boat rides! Now I just need my own!


Can't you just see me in one of these, when I go to work??!! 


On Sunday I actually slept in a little and caught the boat by 11am to Vaitape to continue to Matira Beach. By the time we reached there it was lunch time. Matira Beach is just amazing. I am sorry to rub it in for all of you living with rain/snow/cold weather etc. right now, but this beach has white sand, crystal clear water, and you can walk 1 km out before it gets deep (no, I did not walk all the way out there!) . The water is like the water you fill up your bath tub with. It's unreal!


Matira Beach


After a good lunch, an enormous amount of sun screen and still turning red, we decided to head back to the bungalow to do some snorkeling. Amazing as always to see the fish in all different kinds of colors in front of you. After snorkeling and lounging on the deck, watching the sun set, we just chilled in front of the TV for the rest of the night!




Another day in my world, in Bora Bora!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment