Friday, December 11, 2009

Tomorrow!


Coming from Sweden and move to the US was big in many ways, but one thing I love about the US is that you can get anything at anytime. Sure, Sweden is not far behind... But moving from the US to a Caribbean island made me realize how "spoiled" one can be and had to adjust to what was there. Sometimes you would go to the grocery store and it was almost empty... Well, the boat just didn't make it, but check tomorrow!

Bora Bora is even smaller... The closest to a clothing store I can get is a shop who sells pareos (wraps) and although the grocery store has most basic products needed I can not find things like onion (you guys who really knows me know how much I love onions!). I am not worried and I am sure I will adjust to this too, as I'm not too "needy" (although I do love shopping!). I am glad I lived in St. Martin before I came here though. Otherwise it would have been too much of a chock I beleive.

This takes me to the maintenance issues I am currently experiencing. We moved in to a temporary apartment on property and right away I realized there was a leak in the bathroom. It was reported and someone was supposed to come and look at it. On Sunday a big guy without any kind of tools (!) (poor guy, he had to walk that zig zag road up, and all the stairs) came to evalute the problem. I showed him, and he stared at it for a moment, with his headset blasting with music, and then turned to me and said "tomorrow". Great! No problem, I understand it's Sunday (I have lived on a French island before after all!) Of course no one came on Monday and after phone calls on Tuesday someone showed up. Again, looking at the leak and concluding, someone would be back "tomorrow"! I'm glad I'm patient!

Finally they did show up on Wednesday, and after gluing (!!!) the dripping pipe they said they had to finnish it the following day. Well, guess what... The glue did not fix the problem and no one showed up today! Not until another phone call was made I found out they would not make it. Thank you for letting me know as I have been waiting all morning. Not to worry though! I'm back in an over water bungalow with an amazing bed!

Loaded up some pic's (as requested!) but unfortunately my damn computer decided not to recognize my card anymore, so there are just a few, for now!

Enjoy the pictures!

Cheers my friends!

Me in Sweden before I left


Flying in over Bora Bora

Over water bungalows                                                         

Ahhh.... That heavenly bed!


You can not beat a vew like this from the apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment