Wednesday, March 2, 2011

House Hunting

Today I have been all over the island (well, at least that's how it felt like) to look at some apartments.

The first two I looked at was way up in the mountain side. Both were down stairs units and in the first one I had an 70 year old woman living upstairs. Nice place (newly built) but furnishing not so great. Second one was also bran new built, great new kitchen, but the lady living in the house said she would mostly be in the states. Both I felt was maybe a little bit too isolated!

Next was a very cute little Ikea-ish place with double doors both in living room/kitchen and bedroom, out to a terrace with a wonderful view of the ocean and St. Kitts. Definitely my type of decor! Close to the hotel as well!

Then we went to see another one which was slightly scary... Very island-ish! Isolated as well. Then we headed for an "apartment complex" where the guy over promise and under deliver. Nice place, very American kind of look. It was a 2 bedroom apartment, so it could be good if someone comes to visit! (Who's coming?!). After this one I saw a very scary one... The house was not even finished. It was more or less still a concrete splash, and it was very small...

Still waiting for one more apartment (waiting to hear if the guy living there is actually moving out or not) and I hope I can see it very soon!

Interesting day! Tomorrow I'm heading towards the bank to open an account, and then I will head for the doctors office to give some blood and make sure I'm healthy (like all the tests and doctor's visits I had to do prior to arriving were not enough!). I might have caugh something on the plane over here!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment