Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekend Grilling

Woho!

The days are flying by at the moment!

Daniel had TWO days off this weekend. So on Saturday we went to
friends house at lunchtime to grill and drink some beer and wine.
First grilling for me in ages!

After lunch the ping pong rackets came out and the tournament began.
Not sure who won as everyone was playing by their own rules! It was
under the table, in the bushes, in the ceiling and much more going on!

After beeing inspired by the grilling on Saturday, Daniel and I
decided to do it again on Sunday at the house. We had marinated meat,
potatoes in foil, and kebab sticks with mushroom, onion, pepper and
garlic. All à la Daniel!

But a few problems... We have no grill. Solution- we "borrowed" 2 big
cement bricks from the construction site next door. Added some small
stones from the drive way at the bottom as the ground was too wet
(have I mentioned it rains a lot in this country?!) and got the rack
out from the oven.

And then we needed a fire... Charcole is usually a good idea, but as
the stores were closed and the car is dumping all the oil when it
feels like it, we needed to re-think. So off Daniel went to pick wood
and branches around the house. Coco was a tremendous help (or not!)!
Lime tree, we found out, burns very good!

The rest of the wood was a little wet but the fire master got a fire
going at last. I felt like I was out camping again as I sat next to
the "camp fire". However, at the end (after mostly/only smoking the
meat) it had to go in the frying pan to finish up. But the potatoes
and the veggie kebab got done!

A great meal (as usual when my private chef puts something together)
and with a bottle of Petit Chablis, it did it, and by 9pm we were both
passed out!

What a great day with my darling! Next time however, I think we get
the charcole!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

Ps. I have pictures, but no working computer yet (we are working on it
though). Please be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment