Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Catching Dinner

Today I had a new experience at the beach.

I was there by 9 am and some local kids were playing on the beach (why
on earth are they not in school? Different topic here on my blog!) by
the little snack place which I assume their family owns.

At around 10 am grandma (which clearly is the boss in the family)
calls the older kids and then she pulls out the fish net. Then grandma
(which surprisingly is the only one speaking any English!) wades out,
with all her clothes still on (!), with the net and make a half circle
with the net stretching from the beach.

Then the kids walk down the beach for a little bit before they get in
the water and starts to walk towards grandma and the net, while making
belly splases.

Then grandma close the circle and the net is taken up on the beach.
And guess what, plenty of little lagoone fish was stuck in there!

Then all the fish was taken out and put in a bowl, which then grandma
was cleaning, sitting on the beach just by the water with her knife.

Well, I got 10 little fishes with me home for interestingly watching
their routine!
Dinner saved!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

Ps. Curious to know if the fish is served at the snack place... And a
cheap way to feed the family! Maybe I need to get a fish net myself
and train Coco to help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment