Friday, June 11, 2010

Muddy Paw Prints

Rain, mud and a puppy is not a good combination. The mop is always on
stand by for some serious cleaning.

Coco is getting on my nerves as he tries to eat everything from grass,
bugs, wood sticks to stones and cement. I have to keep him on a leash
everytime we go out now (which is another story!), and we tried to put
up a barricade by the stairs out to keep him in the house (all doors
and windows are open during the day as we need some air (no A/C)) and
it worked for about a week.

But not anymore... He always finds a way to get out and start eating
something. This weekend I need to rethink. A baby gate would be great,
but not sure where to find one around here.

So, anyone know when this eating and biting will stop??? I can't wait
for that day!

Should have named him Mr. Trouble, as it is a very fitting name at the
moment!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

3 comments:

  1. Time to kennel that boy up! I know it sounds mean, but the kennel is like a dog's cave ... it's his den. When you put him in there, give him chew toys and whatnot. Don't put him in there as punishment though, because that's how he'll think of it ... I could tell Jake "go to your house" and he'd go right in to his kennel and lay down. If he was bored, he'd just go in and lay down ... he just thinks of it as his space. Don't give a puppy free range, or you'll regret it (and lose your shoes, your couch, rugs, walls, etc - they'll eat ANYTHING!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave for the tip. I was thinking of getting a kennel and really need to check at the vet on Monday. The problem is to find things here on the island, but Tahiti might have! I think he would not mind it. He already has a box (his bed) which he use quite a lot already to nap in! And as you mentioned, I might be able to save a few shoes etc.! Dumb question, would a box for transporting dogs be the same, or they are smaller? Because I will need one the day we leave! By the way, how long can a dog fly??

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a dog has good wings, I suspect he could fly pretty far! :)

    You could use a large pet carrier for his kennel. The one I have is just a wire dog kennel ... it's about $50 at Wal Mart ... Wal-Mart hasn't taken over Bora Bora yet? What's wrong with them!!! :) Seriously though, you may want to ask your vet if he knows where to get a kennel - he might know ... OR you could go online and see if you can get one and have it shipped to you - that might be an idea. Good luck and let me know how it goes ... you will all be so much happier if you're able to pen him in every now and then ... it's a good training tool.

    ReplyDelete