Friday, May 21, 2010

New Family Member

Like a dog was not enough....

Yesterday we brought home a kitten after a visit at some friends
house. A tiny little creature which I think we both felt needed some
food. Another rescue?? Well, I think so and I think the cat, so far,
is happy with the move. The name is still in progress but we thought
it would be very funny if his name was Nut. CocoNut! Yes, we have a
very bad humor! But you have to admit, it's a little funny!

You might wonder why on eart we got a cat too, but first, he will be
an outside cat taking care of the mice (and maybe the lizzards!). Yes,
I have spotted one mouse by our water tank. And I thought it could be
good for Coco to get introduced to another animal, while he's still
little. Also, we live on the "country side" and I could probably have
a horse, a cow and a pig in addition to all the chickens that are
around!

We were of course concerned about the reactions of Coco, but so far so
good. He just don't understand why this new addition don't want to
play with him, and why he's hissing at him. The cat is used to dogs,
the older versions, and he's adapting very well. I really hope they
will become good friends and I think they already are accepting
eachother. They actually ate from the same bowl (when Nut decided to
taste Coco's food) without any problem.

Coco feels like he grew one size yesterday! He can now walk both up
and down the 5 steps by him self to get out! He won't go by him self
though. And I really need to get him used to people as he acts like a
whimp of the construction workers outside my house. Well, they are a
little scary if you ask me, but I don't want Coco to be afraid of
people!

Hope y'all have a great day and soon weekend! Just for your
information, the rain clouds are heavy today here on the rock!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

Sent from my iTouch

No comments:

Post a Comment