Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Two French Words

I have finally got myself together and dusted off my 3 french books to teach myself this incredible hard language! I took classes in St. Martin and I think my teacher there gave me a very good base for the future. I have not practice it since, so I kind of have to re-start again. My first two "classes" was a lot of fun! I listen to short recordings and tried to understand, and I can now greet and say goodbye in different ways as well as introduce myself and other people. However, there is a limit. You need to like sport like tennis and judo and restaurants! =o)

Today was another story though... I thought I would tackle 2 verbs... 2 verbs, that's nothing right? And it's not like I never seen them before.. The verbs are AVOIR (to have) and ETRE (to be) but as soon as I open the grammar book and looked at it, my mind started to wonder off somewhere in wonderland.

I really would like to be able to speak French (although sometimes I do get "anti French" thoughts) but the least to be able to understand when people are talking. I am not a language person at all (it took me what, 7 years through school and 1 year in Canada to learn to speak english. Sure, I understood english before, but speaking was another story). Maybe next stop (read move) will be to Paris where I can't get away with it!

But right now my objective is to understand what people say... Where there is a will, there is a way!

And as I'm sitting on my terrace, thinking about everything else than avoir and etre the neighbors (the one in the house next door that plays music loud like crazy), their boat pulls up. The first sight kind of reminded me of a small boat filled to the top with refuges. And when it docked, kids in all ages kept jumping out. Question is, where do they all live??? All in one house?? There is no way they can all fit in there. Wow! I should pull out my camouflage camera and take a couple of pics for you guys!

Anyway, I really need to get back to my two friends, etre and avoir!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment