Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mary Poppins weather

So, I was supposed to be moving to my new house on February 1st, and I had my bags packed (well, I have been ready more or less for the past 2 weeks!). Well, Monday came and so did the alerts about the hurricane/cyclone OLI... Great... Not!

Monday was not too bad, but it rained on and off and the hotel had to start doing preparations (which meant no car for us to move our stuff). Yesterday was a little bit more rough on the sea and in the evening the wind picked up. This morning I got a call from Daniel saying that we had to evacuate from the apartment... So I had to put all the stuff in the apartment up high, pack a little bag and then head up to the hotel. Now, I am dating the Executive Chef, so how bad can the cyclone be? I'm "stuck" in the kitchen (probably the safest place in the hotel) and I got access to plenty of food and drinks! Not too bad if you ask me! So, for all of you, remember the kitchen if you ever get stuck in hurricane!

Now, while I'm fine I do wonder how the island will do... Every hotel has over water bungalows... Will they stand the winds and waves? I was in hurricane Omar in St. Martin which was a category 3 hurricane, but not a direct hit. I know how it can look like after a storm, but I think the people in the Caribbean is more used to this kind of weather than the people over here.

Well, as we say in Sweden, hold the hat (hall i hatten) and don't open the umbrella! Then you will fly like Mary Poppins! I will be staying where the food and drinks are!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment