Sunday, February 7, 2010

Beautiful Weather

The storm is gone and I'm fine although slightly tired but I think I have caught up on that sleep by now! The storm passed and I was in the kitchen and had the opportunity to watch the storm pass from the restaurant deck, which faces the ocean, reception and bungalows. Amazing actually! The swell of the ocean was huge and the boat docks were under water.

A lot of damages around here. Specially on the motus. St. Regis is apparently closed and will remain closed for a few months. Orient-Express apparently lost 2 over water bungalows and other hotels obviously have damages too. The neighbor house was flooded and many houses lost parts of their palm tree roofs.

Today the weather is just absolutely perfect! Nice and hot with a cool breeze! I had to go in to Vaitape to pick up a few things and the boat ride over was so nice! It still think it's a little funny to take the boat as soon as I have to leave the motu! Anyway, 3 cruise ships were in the lagoon! So, Vaitape which is usually deserted on a Sunday (you see, French people don't work on Sundays!) was full of life and busier than ever! The cleaning of the island is going very well and you can barely see a hurricane passed.

So, I hope there will be no more of this weather so I can go ahead and move to that house on the hill. I can barely remember how it looks like! Bags are packed since over a week ago...

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment