Friday, January 22, 2010

Shopping


The other day as I was in Vaitape doing some grocery shopping (which works so much better now when I have the routine down!) I decided to check out a small boutique called Bora Home (could be Bora living too.. Not too sure). They have jewelry, handbags, china, and other things for the home. Beautiful things! I saw raps I liked, duvet covers and pillow cases as well as potential curtains and tablecloths with matching napkins. Well, almost everything was matching with the same patterns of a flower. It would look so great at the new place!

But why is it that I need to find the most expensive store in the Bora Bora area?? It was definitely out of reach of my non-existing budget. But those pillows would sure look nice in the new house! The house is sparely furnished as we move in, and it sure will work. Not my pick of furniture though, but I think the lack of stores and the prices in the existing ones will convince me that it’s the best furniture on the island!

That is just one thing, living in a remote place where you don’t have the convenience of going to “normal” furniture stores or “nick nack” store etc. (I loved ACE in St. Martin as an example. The upstairs had all of the home “things” which I did not need but wanted. I was almost as excited to go there as going to IKEA when I lived in the states! Seriously, when I lived in the US, IKEA served the best meatballs ever. Everything sure is relative! LOL!). I have not found my place here yet. And I know there is nothing like that here at all. So far, the grocery store is the most exciting one as their prices are okay, and they have everything from toasters, rice cookers, pots and pans to carpets and other random things. You never know what you will find as the products is constantly changing.

It still rains a lot, but at least I stayed dry while I was out and about in town. I keep drinking my instant coffee and watching CNN which is so depressing with the Haiti earthquake and I wish I could do something more for those poor people. I don’t have anything to compare with (as I only have CNN) but the reporters are sure doing an amazing job. 

Got a 6 pack of Heineken at the store, so I might just open one (only one!) and sit on my terrace and watch the pouring rain for a little bit!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment