Thursday, January 14, 2010

Resident of Bora Bora


Today I was in Vaitape (it rained as usual), got my papers stamped and are now officially a resident of Bora Bora! This means I’m not illegal (which I would be after Feb) I can stay on the island and I don’t have to leave and spend my birthday (Feb. 28) at the airport in Paris! Yay!  It did cost me 30 XPF which is equivalent to about 0.25 Euros, 0.36 Dollars and 2.55 SEK for the processing fee!


So, I think I have the most annoying neighbors in the world, the one upstairs! What a torture it is. They are so incredible loud and annoy me so much! They walk back and forth all day, digging their heels in the floor as they walk, and daily they seems to re-arrange the furniture in the apartment. I’m ready to scream at them! Thank god we are moving soon (but not soon enough!). We decided to take the house behind Vaitape, up on the hill. 2 bedroom house with huge yard, nice terrace and gorgeous views. We are moving in on February 1st! Now we just need a car to take us from A to B. Pictures will be loaded up eventually… I really need to get on with fixing my computer so I can upload new pics when I write… Anyone that can do it remotely?

My hubby is finally getting relieve at work, which arrives tomorrow, Friday. Two guys were fired before New Year for drunk driving the golf cart (and you can probably imagine the mess after being caught), and I have barely seen him since then, as he has not had any days off. But soon, very soon!

It sure is different living on islands that are not quite up to standards that most of us are familiar with. I already have the experience from St. Martin in the Caribbean and now I learn about French Polynesia. The other day my hubby had the mother of one of his staff calling to tell him, the daughter would not make it, as she was too drunk to work. Well, I’m glad they are honest! But seriously?? Where else would you get a call like that?! And this was not the first time a relative called to tell him the employee could not make it due to drunkenness! I think it is hilarious! And there are so many more little stories like this.

Lastly but absolutely not least, I would like to mention that my thought are going out to everyone in Haiti and anyone with friends and family there. It is absolutely terrible what happened and watching the news makes my heart break.

Time to do some cooking, now when I have been to the grocery store and got the fridge full! Small things can really make you excited! Just like the new electrical toothbrush we got in Sweden. So exciting!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment