Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Monsoon Rain

When it rains it really rains....

Yesterday I managed to get my hubby out from work to head over to the main island, yet for only a few hours. It rained almost non stop... We drove around to look at 2 houses which we were interested in renting, but with no luck! We could not even find the houses (no street signs and house numbers here exactly)!

However, we did see a third one which is located right behind Vaitape, up in the mountain. Very nice villa, with security gate, big yard and a view over the lagoon in the front, and the mountain top in the back.  Fairly new as well, and felt "clean". It was a 2 bedroom house (yes, that means we will have an extra bed for you when you visit!) with a living room with open kitchen and a nice terrace. I still would like to see another one we heard about which is located half way towards Matira Beach (that beautiful beech we love!). We have to make a decision soon so we finally can get settled!

Back to the rain... Rainy season, or Monsoon season, in Bora Bora is November through March, so I guess I have more rainy days to look forward to. I heard about 3 quarters of the island's rain will come during these months... 2 done, 3 to go!

Today it has been raining on and off (let me re-frase that, pouring down!) and yesterday it was more on than off. I don't even think rain jacket/umbrella/etc. would help. And try walking in your Havaianas flip flops! Impossible!!! Slip and slide is all I can say about that! Ended up walking barefoot (again) up the hill and down the stairs back home (well, you know the routine).

As someone once said "Better with rainy weather than no weather at all"!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment