Monday, October 18, 2010

Rockabilly?!

So, I have been home in Sweden for almost 2 weeks now, and even though it's great to be home to see all my friends, the travel bug is starting to itch again. And I think it's mostly because of the weather. I think I was born to live in the sun with clear blue water and white sand beaches! Time to look for a new destination and for a new job!

But while I have been home I have enjoyed other things!
The other night I had a great turkey dinner at my friend Lina's house, and Jessica and her family came as well, and it was fun to see how much their kids are growing, (which I think all my friends has kids by now and they are all growing up). But it's nice to meet up with your old friends and I don't feel a day older when we catch up and talk about old memories and other people!

 I also went out cruising with my friend Sara in her (30th birthday crisis?!) Rockabilly car! Am I getting old??
It was a lot of fun! We went all over the place on a Saturday when the sun was shining! Who knows, maybe I will end up on a rockabilly party soon!  


Went out to eat as well and what's funny was that I didn't realize how bad the service was until Sara started to complain when we were leaving! I defenitely stayed too long in Bora Bora! I mean, the staff was vaccuming the floors when we had our dessert!

That night we also went for a drink (or two..!). At the first bar we raised the average age a lot and the bartender, a young blondie, made me laugh so much. I ordered a Absolute Raspberry with Sprite, and I got this blank stare for about 10 seconds, before she went over to another bartender and wispered in her ear and then came over to ask what it was I wanted to order... Okej, so raspberry in Swedish is Hallon, but the thing is, on the bottle (which was right behind her) it said RASPBERRY! It's not rocket science!

The second bar was not much better, although we raised the average age until midnight, when all the old people went home and all the brats came. One brat kid who sat down next to me was bragging about his soccer and how he also had traveled, to Helsingborg and Helsingor... (just to clarify, Helsingbor is about 20 min from here and Helsingor is 20 min by boat from Helsingborg!). 
Good for you kid, you got outside the 50 signs!

At least I'm getting some good laughs!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment