Friday, October 22, 2010

Having a cold...

I finally came down with the obligatory cold, as I always get when I get back to Sweden. Not sure if it's allergy to the miserable weather or just a cold! This time it is not nearly as bad as it was last year though.
Last year before I left St. Martin I started to feel it, and by the time I got home I had high fever and everything. On top of that, if I can remind you, it was in the middle of the swine flue craziness! So after a few days at home, where only my dad would get close to me, he took me to the doctor. As he parked he told me to wait in the car, and shortly after he came back and we drove around to the back of the doctor's office where they had open the back door! As I came in they pushed me in to the first available exam room. Then when the doctor came in he started asking me questions like "Have you travelled?" "Have you been close to a lot of other people?" etc. When I told him I work in the hospitality business and that I just flew back from the Caribbean, he had already labeled me as having the swine flue! He took a test and told me to stay away from people and that they would call me when the results came back. Quarantine, if you ask me!

The problem was that they never called back (we even called them several times asking for the result but they said they had not gotten them back) and by the weekend, I was feeling much better and of course I wanted to se my friends. When I called them, they all said "No thank you!" Understandable, since most of them has small children! The only one who would take me was my dear sister!

I never got an answer back from the doctor, so I assume I never had the flue!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment