Monday, February 21, 2011

Caribbean

I am finally back in the Caribbean!

The trip over was not bad, except that the lady at the Air France check in desk informed me that I had 3 kilos in overweight. My first thought was "Alright! No problem, right?" Then she informed me that I would have to pay €100 for the 3 kilos! Insane! Luckily my dad was with me, so in a very frustrating way I had to pull out 3 kilos and hand over to my dad to bring back to the house...

I arrived in St. Martin 1h late and Will was there to pick me up, on his Harley! Didn't fit my 3 bags on there so we had to get a taxi. First night we jumped on the Harley and went over to Uncle Harry's to grab some food. Quiet evening! The following day we got up and had breakfast in Marigot at Sarafina's, did a walk in Marigot, then headed up to Phillipsburg and had a Pina Colada, then we went to Karater (must be worlds best beach bar!) and had lunch and 4 bottles of my favorite rose wine, Clos Beylesse, with some other friends!

My transportation around the island!

I also managed to meet up with Eugenia which I worked with at La Samanna, and had a late breakfast at the new Porto Cupecoy (Orient-Express). Then in the afternoon I met with my Swedish friends Patrik and Sofia (which are about to pop any day now (pregnant)).

Yesterday I went to Pinel Island (yes, we get off the island to spend the day on an even smaller island!) with my friend Jennifer, which I have worked with at both Charleston Place and La Samanna. The evening was spent strolling in Grand Case and having a local dinner at the Lolo's.

It's great to be back. The island has not changed much and it does not feel like I ever left. But now I'm looking forward to get to Nevis and see what that island has to offer!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment