Friday, August 27, 2010

Swedish Cuisine

Oh la la! Haven't been updating in a while, so I have to say "sorry" about that one! Can't say that I have been very busy, but sometimes it just happen!

Anyway, I have been in "Swedish-food-mood" in the last week with focus on Skagen röra. First I waned to go big and make a Smörgås tårta (translated in to Sandwich Cake). It's a "cake" with white toast bread (untoasted!) layered with different fillings. You can do shrimp, ham, or what ever you feel like! Plenty of mayo in it, but it is so yummy! Unfortunately the grocery store didn't have a few of the key ingredients I needed so I had to scale it down a little. So I went with a räkmacka (shrimp sandwich) instead!

Shrimp Sandwich, Swedish style!
During the same time Daniel and I watched "Mamma Mia", which is an incredible good movie! After the movie, the Bose was rocking to both ABBA and Ace of Base! 
  
That same night my culinary enthusiasm continued as I decided to cook for Daniel, for a change! 
This time I went with baked potato with Skagen Röra.   
A hot potato!
      So easy but so good, so I thought I would share the recipe with y'all!

Skagen Rora

3-4 dl Shrimp
2 tbls Dill
1dl  Mayo
1 dl Creme Fraiche
2 tbls Red Onion, finely shopped
  Salt
Pepper
Lemon


Cut the shrimps in small pieces
Put all ingredients together and mix well.
Squeeze the lemon in the mix (instead of fresh lemon you can buy lemon mayo)
Salt and pepper to taste

Bake your potato and add some shredded lettuce, butter and spices (if you want) before you topp it off with plenty of Skagen mix!

Oh what A great "Swedish night"! ABBA, Ace of Base and A hot potato!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla


2 comments:

  1. Ah is there anything better than a big batch of freshly made 'Skagen Rora'! There are so many recipes out there and all are equally lovely. I truly enjoyed yours too.

    Nice to have found your blog.

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment and for following my blog! I hope you like it!
    I sometimes get these cravings for random Swedish things and thank god it's so easy to make! Actually, might have to do it soon again!

    Camilla

    ReplyDelete