Friday, August 6, 2010

What grows in my Backyard?

As I have mentioned before, I live in a house on a big property with 5 (soon 6) houses. 
It's more or less a cleared area in the middle of the jungle with a dirt road leading up here!
The view is just extraordinary and from the house I can see Motu Toopua and Motu Tapu (motu = small island) and the Orient-Express property Bora Bora Lagoon Resort and Spa (BBLR). Unfortunately, they are still closed down since hurricane/cyclone Oli passed back in February.

Anyway, on the property random things (for me) are growing. And I get so excited! I know, I get excited easily, but growing up in Sweden, I barely knew what a papaya was, and now I can pick them from my own tree! We also have lime tree, pomelo and bananas! 
And it's so much better when it's super fresh!

  
My house on the property with Motu Toopua (the big one) and Motu Tapu (small one) across the lagoon

The coconut!
Coconut trees are everywhere. Here is one that is just starting to grow. 
Also, one of Coco's favorite toys!
Traditional Polynesian dish is raw fish marinated in coconut milk, by the way!



Pomelo tree. Can it be more fresh? I love this fruit 


Papaya! Plenty of it around here.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers?! 
Never see this one before, so I was extra excited when I found it!  
 

And bananas of course! 

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment