Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Golden Rule!?

We have a neighbor, and he's a doctor. He lives after "our" property,
on our way down the hill.

He's the doctor who will ask you when you make a visit to his offic,
no matter what's wrong with you, how many sick days you want your
paper to say!
And of course, he's a popular doctor, with an exception of the
employers!

Last night as I was driving down to Vaitape, I met him on the road.
The road only has space for one car, so if you meet someone, who ever
has the first opportunity to pull over will do so. At least, so I
thought!

When I saw the car I thought he would pull over by the house, and I
could pass, but he didn't pull over, and he didn't even try to get out
of the way. So I didn't either! He hangs out his car window and say
something, in an irritating voice. Then he yells at me that I can
pass! What?? No I can not pass! So he gets out if his car, all
frustrated, and shows me a path where my car would fit. So I had to
reverse and pull in so I was out of the way, literally.

Since he had an attitude problem from the get go, and he was not a
guest in a hotel where I work (usually I'm very professional, and have
plenty of experience of irrate guests) I had an attitude back and told
him I didn't see the path, which I sincerely didn't see. As he walks
back to the car, he screams some more.

And this is the part when I realized I had missed a huge golden rule
in life?! Or not! He screamed at me, that going up the hill you had
priority on the road!

I said (in a sarcastc way) "Thank you SIR, I was not aware if that
rule, but next time I know and I'll get out of your way!" Ass hole!

Seriously, did anyone know this? I feel like I missed out on something
huge!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

1 comment:

  1. Well, I don't know that it's called the golden rule but growing up in Europe where most cars have manual transmission, and in a village with some tiny roads on hills I saw this all the time... it's a courtesy thing to let the upcoming car by so they don't get embarassed by stalling the engine when trying to get going again after a full stop going up the hill. You just wanna spare them from blushing! That's all!

    ReplyDelete