Thursday, November 5, 2009

Job Hunting

One thing I really hate is to look for jobs... I'm just not good at it. But sometimes you end up just having to get yourself together and do it, even if you don't like it. I feel like a kid in this situation, sitting on the floor with the arms crossed and the bottom lip pushed out. NO, I DON'T WANT TO DO IT! But I know better, so today I took almost all day to get my resume ready (thank you Will for all your help). I'm still not completely happy with it though.

Some people can just go on and on about what they have done but are they really that good when it comes to it? I know it's all about selling yourself, like selling a product, but writing down what you have achieved and what you have done in your previous jobs is hard. I bet you things like "I had to break up the door every morning, with a butter knife I had to hide, to get in to the TV room to make sure the TV channels were all on" does not really count. The future employer is going to wonder where the hell I was working!

And the interviews are almost worst. Well, you have to get prepared before and read up on the company etc. but I know a standard question that comes up all the time is "Tell me about a bad situation you turned around". Well, where do I start?? I deal with irate people on a daily basis. One example is just not going to do it... I deal with it and move to the next one. If I would have to remember them all, I would go crazy. Although, on another note, I probably should have written down the worst ones, because they are usually really funny when you look back at it. Anyway, today I have written emails, filled out forms etc. and I just have to see if I get something good.

Just had a friend over for dinner, which pointed out that I can't cook pasta without my timer! No I can't! And the only thing I can cook without a recipe is meat sauce! It's sad, I know, but when do I cook?? I have lived in places where going out for dinner and split a bottle of wine is completely accepted at any time. So I eat in restaurants! And when I eat home cooked food I have been spoiled enough to either have a boyfriend, friend or a room mate who is a chef! So why bother?! I feel a little bad for that day I have children and need to cook lunch/dinner... I hope they like spaghetti and meat sauce!!!

It is time to turn on the A/C in the bedroom and crawl up in bed, watching TV. Not a bad day after all in my world!

Cheers my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment