Monday, August 20, 2012

Monkeys

As I was hanging my laundry yesterday on the side of the house I heard a lot of rattling in the bushes around the driveway. Looking closer it was a huge monkey pack hanging around on the neighbors pool deck, in the trees and walking on my wall on the back of the house.
Daisy was just as fascinated as I was and I think the monkeys were too! We were kind of just staring at each other! It's interesting to see how close they actually come.

Monkey sitting in the tree

These Green Vervet Monkeys lives in St. Kitts and Nevis and were brought to the island by plantation owners in the 17th century as pets for the wives and family. As they escaped and were set free, they took on the island life and can be seen all over.

Monkey on the wall

These cheeky monkeys will steal the mangos, well let me re-frase, will steal any fruit you have in your garden, and as much as from a tourist perspective they are cute and fun to photograph, they are a pain to anyone who wish to grow anything!

Monkey on the pool deck
I will still enjoy watching them (I don't grow anything at my place, and if I decided to I have a small little green house that will keep the monkey out!) and Daisy will continue chasing them!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment