Saturday, August 18, 2012

Blog CPR

It's time to do some serious CPR on this blog!

Since last blog post back in March, lots of things has happen.

Work wise, it's the same. It's supposed to be low season, but I can't feel it! However, I managed to get 5 days off in a row, and I'm on day 2 now! Well deserved!

I have moved from my little town cottage to ocean view house, and loving it. I now have a beautiful view of ocean and St. Kitts, the sister island of Nevis. We also have a little pool which is nice to dip in on hot days, like every other day! We have a spare bedroom, so if anyone is in need of a vacation, let me know! Walking distance to the beach!

View from the pool
We also ended up being "foster parents" to a cute little puppy, Daisy! Friends had picked her up and a month later they headed for England for 3 months. So I offered to take care of her in the meantime! We have both gotten a lot of exercise from all the walking. But I have also seen lots of turtle track on the beach, baby leather back turtles make their way down to the water, and worked on my tan! 
1 pair of flipflops, 2 cushions, carpets, doggy bed etc. later, she's about to go back to her owners. Sad to give her up, but it's not like she's going back to a bad place. And for us during high season, we can't give her enough attention. She will be missed but I know we will be dogsit again! 


Daisy sailing
We sailed to St. Martin for a quick get away. The night before sailing, we had a massive powerout, which made cooking and packing very hard, although we have a gas stove. I had a mental breakdown, but at 6am the next morning, I was on the boat and we were on our way! It was 10h of rock n' roll. I think all of us were sick and we all tried to just sleep and hold on. 
In St. Martin we ate good, did some shopping and then it was time to sail back. 10h again, but this time the sea was much better. I actually could enjoy the trip. But next time I might just take the plane over there! LOL!
Strapped in!
The crew
I'm sailing 

Going through the Simpson Bay bridge
Now it's time to pack my beach towel, sunscreen and food & drinks, and head for the afternoon beach BBQ down at Paradise beach! I love having 5 days off!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment