Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sweden, here I come!

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go.... Well, one bag is sort of packed, but I am ready to go!

On October 4th I will be saying good bye to this island that has been my home for almost a year. Do I feel like I want to cry and stay forever? No, not at all! You see, it's a big difference between visiting these islands as a tourist, and living here permanent.

As a tourist you (should) stay in one of the luxury resorts like Four Seasons, St. Regis, Intercontinental, Hilton, Pearl Beach (top 4 on trip advisor for a reason!). You stay in an over water bungalow, snorkel right off your room with colorful fish, see the colorful fish through the glass floor in your room, go diving, shark feeding, lay on the beach or by the pool and so on. Usually the regular guest stay only for a few days before they hop to another island.

The reality is slightly different...  Have I ever mentioned it rains a lot in this country!?

My flight leaves Bora Bora at 12:55 to Papeete in Tahiti. That flight only takes 50 minutes, and on that rout I'm sure we will stop on another island to pick up more people. In Papeete we have an 8h layover... (Who booked this trip??) Maybe it gives us some time to see Tahiti!

We fly out of Tahiti at 22:00 to Los Angeles, where I have a 12h layover (Really?? Seriously, who booked my flight???) Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I was thinking of finding a McDonald...!

From LA I fly to Paris where I have another layover (just a few hours to manage to get out to terminal 1 which is a bus ride) before I get to step on SAS and fly to Copenhagen, and then head for SWEDEN!  

It's going to be a long trip...

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment