Friday, April 9, 2010

Puppies?!

I told you all about the little visitor I have coming on my terrace, Tiki the ptibull mix with legs on the shorter side. Anyway, she was highly pregnant and used to come and sleep on the terrace during the day. Then during Easter she left the terrace and I didn't see her for 24 hours.

Of course I thought she had gone to give birth to her puppies, and after a day she came by, very briefly, to say hello and let me know she had the puppies. Then after that she has come by during the day, staying only for short times before she takes off again.

The question was, was there any puppies alive? I was afraid that the owner didn't want puppies, and might have taken care of the "problem", but then Daniel asked him and he said she had given birth out in the bush somewhere and he didn't know where. So there was still hope!

Yesterday I made a little bed for Tiki. Nothing fancy, just an old towel and a small carpet so she could lay on something soft (she sleeps here anyway, so I thought she could have something to lay on).

Then this morning, as I was surfing the net and after her and her stinky friend had taken off, she showed up with a puppy in her moth and dropped it on the re-arranged towel, where she is now feeding it! It's a chocolate brown little thing and has not open his eyes yet.

But I know nothing about puppy care! Please help! Anything I need to do more than make sure he/she is safe?? I really need to get online and do some research about this!

Well, I guess I will go and cuddle with a proud mama and her puppy!

Cheers my friends!

Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment