Thursday, October 29, 2009

New to the blog World

I have now entered a new World... The world of blogs.

So, to start let me introduce myself really quickly.

Grew up in a small town in south Sweden, and my first trip on my own went to Toronto where I worked with horses for a year, thanks to my dad and sister. I was 17 years old and terrified! But it turned out to be a great fun. After a year a came back home and finished school.

When it was time for university my dad pushed me for the world outside Sweden (again) and I applied to Johnson & Wales University and got in. My first year at university was in Gothenburg and I stayed with my grandma. Then to finnish my studies, I had to transfer to the US and I ended up in Charleston, South Carolina. I moved there when I was 22 and I had the best, although the hardest time of my years as a "young adult". Study hard to get good grades and party hard!

I graduated in Hotel Management at JWU and got a job right after at THE hotel in Charleston, Charleston Place hotel, an Orient-Express property. I started as a front desk agent and was then promoted to Front Office Supervisor. After 3 years there, and after my work visas were up I was wondering where I would go next. I wanted to see more of the world!

I got a new job at another Orient-Express property in the Caribbean as the Front Desk Manager at La Samanna. What a beautiful place! Now, 2 years later it is time to pack those bags again towards new destination.

So, after traveling to Thailand, France and Sweden, I am now back in St. Martin on vacation for the first time! Why is it always like that?? I manage to live in beautiful places, but never get to enjoy them... But that is what I am doing right now! Enjoying my time and working on my tan!

Time to hit Karakter and the beach with my book!

Cheers my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment